Saturday, July 16, 2016

Baku Baku overdrive

So after messing around with some different DBA inspired designs on my breadboard, i went ahead and drafted the PCB and had it sent off and created with OSHPark.

The main goal with the PCB was to reduce my frustration with offboard wiring! So for this i used smaller board mounted pots and input/output/9v/GND pads that could be connected to a separate 3PDT stomp switch board.  I bought some ribbon cable to use to make it look a little tidier than 4 separate wires, and I have to say that I am rather pleased with the ease of installation and how much nicer it looks on the inside.

In addition to this I wanted to give my pedal a little something extra with the presentation on the outside, so I used some contrasting hardware colors, as well as screenprinted a lion logo on the side.  The screenprint on the side isn't my best idea, but somewhat of an idea of the direction I'd like to head with my designs so its not just good looking on the top of the pedal, but more so that all surfaces will have something interesting going on with them.




One last thing I'm thinking of doing with this is trimming some of the plastic from the inside of the grey knobs so that theys it a little bit lower, right now the height of those knobs and the empty space below them is bothering me a  bit.


Here is the schematic for those of you interested in breadboarding this guy.  The sound may not be for everyone but I dig it so far :)
If you breadboard it, please let me know what you think, or if you see any design issues which would improve the performance of the pedal please let me know. I'd really appreciate any feedback.


Monday, July 4, 2016

screen printing rig and latest build

So in the wake of the my etching attempt, I decided to make a rig for screen printing.  I had a day off of work and was able to put it all together.  Given that most of my screenprinting is done by myself this makes it alot easier to line up each enclosure and make sure that the enclosures don't shift when lifting the screen.






screen printing rig and latest build

So in the wake of the my etching attempt, I decided to make a rig for screen printing.  I had a day off of work and was able to put it all together.  Given that most of my screenprinting is done by myself this makes it alot easier to line up each enclosure and make sure that the enclosures don't shift when lifting the screen.





Another etched attempt

My latest etching attempt failed to take into consideration the use of the brayer, and the ink didn't stick to the enclosure that well.  But I went ahead with the best version of it and just said what the heck...