Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Getting back into screen printing

Well its been a while since i screen printed anything.  I've been working on a design for quite some time and trying to get the circuit to match. I know I know, I really should figure out the circuit first before making artwork for pedals, but this time I'm going to do the right amount of planning!

So this is my heavily modified big muff design with different clipping options.



Its not my finest, I goofed on the upper right hand corner.  The screen had a lot of holes in it and I just left it.  It looks OK enough and I'm just trying out some ideas at the moment.  I'm going to put the 9V and INPUT and BYPASS in red , and I'm going to try to put an image on the side to take it a step further than I usually do.  But this will require a large amount of back and forth in terms of clearcoating, drying and screen printing.  Ah well hopefully its worth it.  I'll keep you guys posted in terms of what the result slowly develops into.

The circuit was previously housed in this



But I kind of botched that enclosure and right now a friend is borrowing it, and since I had another enclosure that I've just been sitting on for a year, I wanted to try some more artwork out..
Here was an earlier version with the red knobs...


No comments:

Post a Comment