Thursday, May 28, 2015

Double Channel...maybe. Oh and updates

Alright so furthering the quest for an "All-in-one" amp in a box solution.  I thought about incorporating the 100W Marshall Superlead (ROG Thunderbird) and the Vox AC-30 (ROG Britannia) amp simulation circuits into a single box with a footswitchable channel switch.  This is what I'm thinking of at the moment.


I built the Thunderbird and the have the Britannia next in queue, but I've been wondering the best way to go about it.  Should I have an A/B channel box with both amp circuits in it, Or should I dedicate each to an enclosure and then build an AB looper pedal. I'm trying to reduce the number of pedals that I'd need to pull out in front of me to play.

If possible I'd even like to incorporate the speaker cabinet simulator into the pedal as well as.
For all intents and purposes I'd like to get both amp emulators, an effects loop with blend control, and cabinet simulator/DI box as well.  But we'll see, one logical step at a time :)

Updates:
I'm working on another multi-effect unit.  Unlike the Rat/Cocked Wah project that was seen in an earlier post which never made it to an enclosure.  This one I'd like to combine a delay and a reverb pedal into one, with the delay before the reverb.  Maybe an effects loop in there too.  I'm under the current impression that reverb would almost always come last in my effects loop, but that is subject to change I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment