Friday, May 15, 2015

PUNISHMENT:: FOXX TONE MACHINE UPDATE

Hi Team!!
      So after playing back and forth with the clipping options, I think i've narrowed it down to no clipping and silicon clipping. To my ear I really couldn't hear that much of a difference between different options of symmetrical clipping for Ge vs LED vs Si vs Open.  Am I wrong? Probably so, but either way these are pedals for my friends which I think they'll enjoy if they only had a limited number of options and they could hear the difference.

    Heh but with that being said, there is a problem when you design  your art work before you test your pedal.  But ahh well, it'll have my friends scratching their heads thinking something is one way or another.

    Anyway many thanks to Glass Hero and the members of the Madbean Forum for helping me out with my questions along the way as well selling me the PCB to make this all happen.  I tried my  hand at modifying this PCB to work better with this set up so that there would be less off board wiring, but we'll have to see how that goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment