Monday, March 30, 2015

Punishment :: Foxx Tone Machine :: Work in Progress #4

After I've spray painted and drilled the enclosure, I went ahead and put the circuit inside.  I'll have to provide more details later, but of course it took a little bit of working out with alligator clips before hand.  I'm still working out the clipping diode differences.  Right now I think it sounds great with no clipping in the tone stack as well as with some diode clipping.  Once again a critical error on my part having made artwork before I tested out functionality of the circuit.  I don't know... to my ears, I don't hear much difference between the Ge clipping and the 1n4148 clipping.  So i tried it with Ge and LED clipping.  Sounds pretty cool, but I think I'll need to get a on/off/on switch so that I can have no clipping as an option as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment