Sunday, March 1, 2015

Still in there

Whew its been a while, my schedule has been busy but I've made some progress which I'll be updating shortly.
I've been working a lot with the Big Muff circuit and have created some variations for it which I think make it quite an interesting pedal.  I'm in the process of looking into an Octave fuzz stage but I learned that germanium diodes in this setting need to be matched in order to work out.  Right now I am experiencing a good bit of voltage drop when I using that part of the circuit.  I've run out of germanium diodes and have yet to look into buying more.

Also I've got a Foxx Tone Machine I'm working on which I'm going to try and have different EQ filters for the two different modes.  I am looking at upgrading my phone in the near future and should be able to provide some images soon.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see your still building. Love to see some of you new artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man!!! I really appreciate the comment!!! I'm working on some right now in fact. As soon as I feel its ready I'll post it here and as part of a build report on the madbean forum.

    I'm half tempted to try etching the enclosure, thanks to your blog I've gained more knowledge on how to do it, but I just need to go ahead and try it out.

    ReplyDelete